Sunday 24 February 2013

THE EGG CHALLENGE

As part of a unit called Keeping Ourselves Safe, room 15 were all responsible for looking after one egg. The egg was not boiled and involved a great deal of care. Children were responsible for the egg for four days and fortunately there were only a few casualties. 

At the end of our challenge we reflected on some of the key things we learned through this challenge.  

*You only get one egg and it can break easily. 
*Be careful who you trust with your egg.
*Eggs can't be left alone in the playground/on the kitchen bench/in the classroom.
*Looking after our egg takes more time and effort then we thought.
*If you behave carelessly your egg can break.
*If you can't watch your egg you have to find somebody else to. 
*You need to know where your egg is and if it is safe at all times.

We then discussed how they impact on our day-to-day lives. Can you think of how these messages can be transfered to your daily life? Please leave us comments as we would be interested to see if you came up with the same ideas we did.


7 comments:

  1. This challenge sounds tough! I'm not sure I could keep it safe for that long. The temptation for some scrambled breakfast goodness would be too hard to resist.

    Also the happy/unhappy faces are the truest indicator of how well you all did. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi sorry for the people who's egg broke my one is still ok my chiken is egg sitting =0





    brylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The egg challenge was really fun I think most people in room 15 enjoyed it

    Shanaye room 15

    ReplyDelete
  4. The egg challenge was really fun even though mine broke.:( Hopefully every body enjoyed it.:)




    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had fun looking after my egg bad sadly my egg broke
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  6. The egg challenge was really fun and I enjoyed learning how to look after the egg!

    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was lucky my egg didn't break!

    ReplyDelete