Wednesday 22 May 2013

CHINA TRIP - By Jordan Green

On Saturday the 7th of October 2006; Me, Mum and Dad headed to Christchurch airport around 6am. We left Christchurch airport at 7am and flew to Sydney. I found a friend to play with on the 10-hour flight from Sydney to Shanghai.

Sunday the 8th of October, our first day in Shanghai. First we went to a restaurant. I enjoyed eating steamed pork buns with chopsticks.

Sunday night; We took the over night train from Shanghai to Beijing which took 12-hours. This cabin slept 4 people.
Monday 9th of October; We got dropped off at Beijing train station. I missed playing with other children. So I found a friend to play badminton with out side our hotel.

Tuesday the 10th of October; “Time to climb the Great Wall of China but before that we can feed the black bears,” said mum. “Yeah!” I said. When we got there I saw both of the black bears standing on the fence. They had a soft back furry fur with a brown nose. You got to throw apples at them to feed them. This was my favourit part. “Time to climb said mum!” I sighed. I managed to climb up some of the way but mum and dad carried me some of the way too.

Wednesday 11th of October. We hired out some bikes out and cycled around Beijing. It was hot 30 degrees! It was fun! Next we went to the Beijing Zoo. The White Tigers made a deep growling noise as they waited for their food. The elephants were playing with each other. The pandas were sitting on their bottoms eating bamboo.

Thursday 12th October. We arrived in Shanghai at 7am Thursday morning on the over night train. We watched this man and his monkeys performing on the street in Shanghai.
 
Friday 13th October. We caught a bus to Shanghai city. I found another friend. Then we went to a restaurant.

Saturday 14th October. Judd and Cathy’s wedding day. We are on our way to the wedding. I enjoyed sitting in a tree.

Sunday 15th October. We took a train called the Maglev from pudding airport to the terminal. It travels at 431 km\hr. We left Shanghai at 7pm Sunday night. We stopped in Melbourne briefly then flew to Christchurch arriving at 2am Thursday

Monday 16th of October. I slept most of the way.

 I thought it was really fun.

5 comments:

  1. That sounds really intresting!

    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jordan, I loved reading about your trip to China :-)
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey jordan that story was very interesting ,Harrison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jordan
    Great story! China is an amazing country! I haven't been to Shanghai I would like to go there! I loved the Great Wall! We have been there twice now to 2 different parts of it!
    Thanks for sharing your trip.
    Regards Ruth (Emily's Mum)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that would've been really fun, I have been to hong kong for a couple of nights. I haven't been outside of shanghai airport. shanghai it looks really cool.

    thomas

    ReplyDelete