Tuesday 17 September 2013

Stars on Stage - By Jordan and Sylvia


Thanks so much to Ruth for the photos.

“Stars On Stage was remarkable getting done up with make up. It was the most amusement I have ever had in a long time, and I hope I get to do it again next year.” - Anika

It is exciting entering the dressing room when suddenly my tummy rumbles, am I hungry? Did I catch Samuel’s tummy bug? Tip toeing on stage I stop and realise I am nervous and I have butterflies in my tummy. - Kayla

As I tiptoe slowly to my position ready to start. Here it comes the curtains are going up. Everyone is as still as a statue! There it is the music is on, as Mrs Stevenson is watching saying, “strong, strong, strong!” The music is not stopping it’s constantly going on and on. Suddenly group C is on…- Brooklyn

On the 4th of September I went to Stars on Stage 2013. At the start I was really nervous to go on stage but once I got on I wasn’t so nervous at all. I just did big moves and did it with a big smile. Once we got off the stage we put on our jackets and went outside in the cold rainy night.I had to wait for ten minutes till my mum got out of theatre and I was feeling happy but cold. - Charlize

 With my skirt flowing gracefully behind me, the crowds clapping fills my ears. The music doesn’t seem to stop, then my chance to shine. The spotlight upon me in the dark, feeling nervous I start to dance but it draws to an end so quickly. I will never forget it, never! - Jemma

 As the lights turned on I was scared out of my mind. I didn't know what was going to happen. I was in the corner watching the school before us on the tv. When the host finally called our school out I knew I had to do it. I walked out onto the stage and recited the story of our show. I was so nervous even after I did the speech but overall it was an incredible night. -Ben

Behind the pitch black curtain everyone was running around getting into their places. My tummy was doing somersaults. Suddenly the curtain flew up and then light started shining in my eyes.. -Amaya

While sitting in my red chair I was blown away by the other schools performances. Finally time for St Clair School to perform. We nervously walked to the dressing rooms. After just about choking on the smell of hairspray, we gathered our props and put them on the stage. The music started we all froze… Samantha

I froze as soon as the curtains slowly crept up. The roar of the crowd was terrifying. The first song was on once it was finished it felt like five seconds and it was done… Tevya

2 comments:

  1. Good movie! But it was a little hard to read cause it was going to fast!

    Anika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great I really like the story's

    ReplyDelete